What Is My Philosophy of Life?

May 24, 2019

The novel, "A Gentleman in Moscow"written by Amor Towles,  is one of the greatest novels I have ever read. 

The author offers what I found to be deeply thought provoking perspectives through the voice of the novel's main protagonist, Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov. 

Here is one of them:

“It is a fact of human life that one must eventually choose a philosophy…Whether through careful consideration spawned by books and spirited debate over coffee at two in the morning, or simply from a natural proclivity, we must all eventually adopt a fundamental framework, some reasonably coherent system of causes and effects that will help us make sense, not simply of momentous events, but all the little actions and interactions that constitute our daily lives—be they deliberate or spontaneous, inevitable or unforeseen.”
 
So I found myself  asking as you might to:  what is the philosophy that I have chosen. Central to it is my belief that Everyone Counts.  And that we must do our level best to do the right thing, even knowing we won't always succeed. To never give up on a cause we believe in.  And to honor and support our family.  And seek to do what with careful thought we believe God would have us do. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment